Tom was three years old. He liked to watch TV with his parents after supper, but his parents never let him stay long. Mother would say, "It's eight o'clock now. It's time for you to go to bed, Tom."
"But why don't you go to bed, too?" Tom always asked。
"We are adults 大人，" mother would say, "And adults go to bed late."
One evening Tom asked his mother for an apple。
"But it's too late," his mother didn't want to give him anything to eat at bedtime. "The apples are already asleep."
"But not all of them, Mom." Tom said, "The baby apples are perhaps asleep, but their parents are surely awake."
56. Tom liked to watch TV with_________ after supper。
A. his father and mother B. his sister
C. his grandparents D. his brother
57. His parents _______let him stay long。
A. never B. sometimes C. often D. usually
58. One evening Tom asked his mother for_________。
A. an egg B. an apple C. an orange D. a pear
59. His mother didn't want to give anything to him to eat________。
A. in the morning B. in the afternoon
C. at bedtime D. at noon
60. From the story we know__________。
A. Tom was a quiet boy B. Tom was a bad boy
C. Tom was a lazy boy D. Tom was a clever boy